Creating bill items
How to create bill items
You should perform an analysis of jobs carried out within your organisation that can be invoiced to customers accounts and break them down into bill items that occur in each job.
Creating a bill items
To create a bill item, use the following procedure:
- Go to the Activities module.
- In left panel, select Create bill item. The Create Bill Items page is displayed in the left panel.
There are 5 steps listed, steps and are mandatory and step is optional. The remaining steps are not applicable to bill items. By default step one is shown already complete, the default Bill items design is selected.
Enter Bill item details
You can enter the details for the selected bill item type.
- Select step , the bill item details page is displayed. The details displayed depend on the design you previously selected.
The following are the mandatory fields:
- Name - this allows you to give the bill item a meaningful name.
- Exclude from invoicing - this allows you to flag the bill item to be excluded from invoicing. By default the bill item is included in invoicing.
The following are optional fields:
- Default Value - this allows to enter a value, which is used in conjunction with the Default Rate when the system calculates estimated and actual costs.
- Budget - this allows you to select a Budget that you want to associate this bill item with.
- Default Rate - this allows you to specify a default rate (currency) for the Default Value.
- Pricing - this allows you to select an account pricing table that is used to calculate costs based on the table.
- Tax rate - this allows you to select a tax rate that is applied to the bill item.
- When you have completed all the required fields select Next to accept your selection and move onto to the next step.
- The second step of the process indicates that it is complete.
The remaining steps are optional and not commonly used in the configuration of Bill items.
- You can finish creating the bill item by selecting Create.