Bulk actions in Data explorer
How to perform bulk actions in Data explorer
Data explorer allows you to perform bulk edit or delete actions on the list of items displayed within a tab. You can select one or more items to be edited or deleted.
Using the bulk action tool
When you create a query in Data explorer you will have a list of items in the left hand column. If you do not select any individual items it is assumed that the bulk actions will be applied to all the items in the list.
You can select one or more items from the list and apply the bulk action only to the selected items. To select an item you need to hover and click the item icon.
You can repeat the process to select as many items as you want to work with.
The number of items that you have selected is shown at the top of the column in the header bar and next to the Bulk action tool.
Selecting the bulk action
When you have selected all the items that you want to work with, select the Bulk action tool. The Select operation page is displayed in the dashboard on the left hand side.
This allows you to choose one of the following bulk operations:
- Delete - this allows you to delete all the selected items.
- Edit - this allows you to edit properties and how attributes are mapped for the selected items.
Deleting multiple items
When you select the Delete bulk operation you are prompted to confirm the deletion.
Select the Delete button to confirm the operation, a notification appears to indicate the operation is proceeding.
When the operation is complete use the Refresh data tool to update the query in the tab.
Editing multiple items
When you select the Edit bulk operation the Edit page is displayed in the dashboard on the left hand side.
This provides you three options:
- Configure properties - this allows you to change basic properties and the collection the items belong to.
- Enter item details - this allows you to change the data within one or more attributes.
- Item location - this allows you to change the location of the selected items.
All the options are optional and independent of each other.