Creating inspection designs
Customise your inspections with the right questions
Creating an inspection design
When you need to collect better data through inspections, create a new inspection design with questions tailored to your needs.
Depending on your permission settings, you may not be able to create designs. Contact your administrator for assistance.
- Go to the Designer module and select Create design.
- Select the Inspection type from the list of design types.
- Complete the design form, see Creating designs.
Confirm settings in the left panel and select Create.
The completed design is displayed in the right panel. Every inspection design has a number of system attributes associated with it that appear in all inspection items based on your design.
- Inspection Number
- Raised Date and Time
- Estimated Start Date and Time
- Estimated Duration
- Start Date and Time
- Completion Date and Time
- Target Date and Time
In addition it includes a set of default link attributes. You cannot edit these links as they are required by the system.
- You should now customise the design by adding attributes to the design, which can then be used to create inspection items.