How to login to Alloy and Single Sign On (SSO)
Alloy allows you to login either using your Microsoft or Google account matching your user’s email address or alternatively using you Alloy login using the standard authentication process.
If the email address for your account is associated with either Google or Microsoft, you can use their authentication process to prove you are the owner of that email address and therefore get access to Alloy.
Once you have signed in to your account with Microsoft or Google, you can choose to remain signed in for quicker access the next time around.
To login using your Alloy login details:
- Open Alloy in a web browser.
- To log in to Alloy select the lock icon.
- You can now login using one of three methods. When you have successfully logged in, Alloy directs you to your workspace, or may first prompt you to choose a project.
Contact your administrator to access your Alloy login details for the first time. You will need to update your password on your first login.
If you have a Google email address associated with your Alloy account you can select Login with Google to display the Google login dialog. If you are logged into Google in Chrome, then your credentials are displayed automatically otherwise you need to enter your username and password.
If your system login is a valid Microsoft account you can select Login with Microsoft to login directly into Alloy.
- When you do this for the first time the following dialogs are displayed:
- Your email from your system username is displayed by default. If this is also your Microsoft login username, then select Next.
- Enter you Microsoft password (usually the same as you system password), then select Sign in. The following dialog is displayed that allows you to select the option to stay signed in.
- Select Yes if you want to go straight into your account next time (not recommended for shared computers).