Adding an inspection location
Add a location and geometry to an inspection
You can add a location and geometry for an inspection that differs from the asset or defect that it is attached to.
When you create an inspection, step #4 allows you to add a location and geometry to the inspection.
- Select step #4 (Inspection Location), the inspection geometry page is displayed.
- The drawing tools indicate the types of geometry that you can place on the map. This may include one or all of the geometry types.
- Select the geometry button that you require, a placing icon appears under the cursor. Depending on the geometry you require you can place points, draw lines and polygons to suit your requirements.
The default geometry type for inspections is a collection, which allows you to draw more than one inspection geometry type associated with the asset.
You can open the geometry editor in the left panel and view and edit the code that defines the geometry for the inspection object.
- Select Done when you have completed the inspection location and geometry that are required.
- The fourth step of the process indicates that it is complete.
You can finish creating the inspection after step #4 by selecting Create inspection. If at a later date you need to assign inspections you can edit the inspection.