View an item’s details, relations and components
Alloy includes a variety of different ways to select and view item details. You can view items with geometry (e.g. jobs and assets) in layers overlaid on the map. Items without geometry (e.g. lookup options and budgets) can be located using modules (cards) or through the search panel.
Viewing an item
All items can be found using the search panel. When you select the item from the search panel you can view the details of the selected item in the Item details panel.
The selected item is also highlighted on the map with a halo around the item icon.
The Item details panel includes some or all of the following pages of information that you can access using the tab bar:
- General - basic item details including status, these are displayed by default, see editing items.
- Attachments - where an item can include attachments you can see documents or images relating to the item.
- Audit - timeline of all changes made to the item in Alloy.
- Defects - where an item can have defects reported against it then they are listed and you can view and access the defect items. You can also create defects associated with the item, see Creating defects.
- Geometry - if the item has geometry it is displayed in geometry editor and can be edited, see editing item geometry.
- Inspections - where an item can have inspections reported against it then they are listed and you can view and access the inspection items. You can also add inspections to the item, see Creating inspections.
- Jobs - where an item can have jobs assigned to it then they are listed and you can view and access the job items. You can also add jobs to the item, see Creating jobs.
- Networks - where an item is associated with a network you can view and access the network.
- Parents - where an item is a component or associated with another item, e.g. jobs, inspections then the parent items are listed.
- Reports - where an item can include reports that are associated with the item you can view and access the reports
- Referenced items - this only appears for network items and lists items that are referenced by the network and you can view and access the items.
- Schedules - this allows you view any schedules associated with the item or add schedules to the item, see Creating schedules.
The action bar allows you to manage many of the item details, see Action bar.
The pages you see depend on the type of items selected. If you do not see the page you need, contact your administrator for assistance.