Adding a layer tag
How to add layer tags to layers
Layer tags provide you with an additional label that can be used for layers that have a relationship and and allows you to filter the display of the layers by that relationship. You can apply as many tags to a system or custom layer as you need.
Adding a layer tag
To add a tag to a layer use the following procedure:
- Select the layers icon in the right panel menu to open the list of all layers.
- Select a layer to display the list of styles within the layer.
- Use the tab bar to select the Tags page.
- Select the more actions button from the action bar.
- Select Add tag, the Layer tag page is displayed on the left hand side.
This provides you with the following options:
- Add - this allows you to add an existing tag to the style.
- Create - this allows you to create a new tag for the style.
Adding an existing tag
- Select the Add button from the Layer tag page to add an existing tag, the page is updated.
- Select the Layer tags field to display a dialog that allows you to select one or more existing tags that you can add to the style.
- Select the tags you want to apply to the style, then select Save. The number of selected tags is displayed in the Layer tags field. Select Create to add the tags to the style.
- A notification message appears to indicate that the tags have been successfully added. Use the tab bar to select the Tags page and display the list of tags that you have added to the style.
Creating and adding a new tag
- Select the Create button from the Layer tag page to create and add a new tag, the page is updated.
- Select the Tag field to enter the name of a new tag that you want to create.
- Select Create, a notification message appears to indicate that the tag has been successfully created and added. Use the tab bar to select the Tags page and display the list of tags that you have added to the style.