Create new Alloy groups to manage permissions for multiple users
Creating a group
- Go to the Permissions module.
- Select Create group. The Create group page is displayed.
- Enter a unique group name and select Next. The page changes to allow you to select and add users to the group.
Your new group is empty by default. When you select the User field, a dialog is displayed that allows you to select one or more users to add to the group.
When you have selected all the required users, select Create. The group’s details are displayed in the Item details panel on the right.
Configuring group permissions
Once you have created a group you need to configure the permissions for the group to allow users access to the required parts of Alloy. By default a new group has no permissions set for any part of the system.
- Ensure the group’s details are displayed in the Item details panel.
- Select the more actions button from the action bar.
- Select the Permissions button to display the Permissions manager. You can now configure the required permissions for the group.