View roles and their details
Viewing role details
You can either use the Permissions module and select Roles or use the search panel to find a role. A list of roles is displayed in the search panel.
If the role is listed in the first 20 users you can select the role from the right panel or scroll the list to view additional users.
The search panel allows you to search directly for the user that you require or you can scroll the panel to locate a role.
- When you have selected the required role the details are displayed in the Item details in the right panel.
The General tab is displayed by default, use the Tab bar to view the additional tabs.
- Groups - This lists the groups that are attached to the role. You can add or remove groups associated with the role.
- Users - This lists the users that are attached to the role. You can add or remove users associated with the role.
- Select the in the upper right panel to close the role editor when finished.
Viewing role permissions
You can view the role permissions as follows:
- Select a role to view its details.
- In the Item details panel, the General page is displayed by default.
- Select the more actions button from the action bar.
- Select the Permissions button to display the Access advisor. This allows you to view the inherited permissions for the role for all the categories.