Generate a report in Alloy
You can generate reports from the reports module to see the latest findings on the subject of your choice.
Running a report
To run any type of report within Alloy use the following procedure:
- Select the Reports card from the dashboard.
- Select the Run report button, the Report type page is displayed on the left.
Use the following field to select the report you want to run:
- Report type - this field allows you to select the type of report you want to run.
- System - this allows you to view the list of system reports within the system.
- Custom - this allows you to view the list of custom reports within the system.
- Report - selecting this field, displays a dialog that lists all the available reports of the type that you selected.
- When you have selected the report that you want to run select Next, the Report query page is displayed. The AQS editor is automatically populated with a default query, which is generated from the first applicable design or interface for the report.
You can select the AQS builder to change or edit the default query, the AQS builder is displayed. This allows you to create a complex query to refine the output of the report, see [AQS builder].
- When you have completed the query you are returned to the Report query page. The query is listed in the query window.
- Select Next to continue the process, the report Details page is displayed. The mandatory detail fields vary depending on the report design. This can include dialogs that require you to select additional information. All reports require you to complete the Name field.
To run the report select Create. You are notified that the report is being processed.
When the report is complete, the report is displayed in the Item details page. The status of the report indicates whether it has completed successfully or failed. If documents are created, then the number of documents is listed.