Editing work items
How to edit work items
Editing work item details
You can edit work item details and change the settings to ensure that the work item can be used with jobs to create job work items.
- Select a work item to view its details.
- In the Item details panel, the General page is displayed by default.
- Select one of the following tabs to view and edit different parts of the work item:
- General - this tab displays and allows you to edit the key attributes for the selected work item, see item details.
- Applies to - this provides you with a list of job designs that the work item is applied to, you can add or remove designs or interfaces, see Applying work items.
- Audit - this provides you with a timeline of all edits made to the work item, there are no actions available.
- Parents - this provides you with a list of parent links that the work item is connected to, there are no actions available.
- Replaces components - this tab is only available for component work item types, and this displays a list of replacement component designs related to this work item, you can add or remove designs or interfaces for items that replace components.
- Schedule - a list of all schedules related to the work item, if applicable, see Schedules.
- Team pricing - this provides you with a list of all Team pricing tables associated with the work item.
- Settings - this tab displays the properties of the work item, see Editing Items.
Editing General details
The General tab displays the configured attributes for the work item you have selected. The action bar provides you with the following actions:
Edit - this action allows you to edit the key attributes.
The following fields are only applicable to a Measurement Work Item:
- Default Value - this is only applicable to measurement work items and allows you to enter a value, for example 1 cubic metre, 1 kilogram, etc. This value is used in conjunction with the Default Rate when the system calculates estimated and actual costs in a Job Work item.
The following fields are common to both Work item types:
- Name - this allows you to edit the work item name.
- Budget - this allows you to select or change the Budget that you want to associate this work item with.
- Default Rate - this allows you to specify or change a default rate (currency) that is used with the Default Value.
- Team pricing - this allows you to link the work item to a team and the team pricing tables that will be applied to this work item and the job work items that you create based on this work item, see Configuring team pricing.
- Archive - see Archiving and deleting items
- Favourite - see Favourites
- More actions - this provides you with the Clone item action, see Cloning items.
The Settings tab displays the configured properties for the work item you have selected. The action bar provides you with Edit action for these properties that allows you to change some of the properties, see Editing Items.
Deleting work items
Work items are used as templates for job work items. When you remove a work item, you will not be able to create any more job work items of that type, see Archiving and deleting items.